Under the supervision of the Fitness Manager, independently performs member orientations and assessments at The Center for Health Improvement; maintains, reviews, interprets, and incorporates member exercise program and plan of goals through data software; assists in designing, implementing and maintaining a variety of member programs.
- Performs assessment evaluation (BP, HR, flexibility, strength tests, body composition, waist/hip ratio, sub-maximal exercise tests); conducts member orientations and use of equipment and follow-up; maintains member exercise program and plan of goals through exercise data software; reviews members charts, interprets results and incorporates information and makes appropriate changes to overall exercise plan towards improving members' overall well-being; maintains member retention through regular contact with members through exercise software; and attains a knowledgeable level of specific diseases, medications, wellness and latest health issues.
- Assists in maintaining health and wellness programs for members, corporate and community events; reports success of programs with written publications
- Returns all equipment to proper storage area; ensures all equipment is in proper working order; and removes any non-functioning equipment and reports appropriately.
- Reports/records attendance of classes, program stats; clearly and appropriately communicates to staff and all internal and external customers.
- Prepares for class by having proper equipment available and sound system ready.
- Performs warm-up, cool down and appropriate body class format; monitors participants use of equipment and/or body mechanics to ensure safety at all times; ensures that participants are aware of training zones as well as utilizing the Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE) scale when appropriate; and proficient with physical and verbal cues to insure class participation and enjoyment; assists with program development.
- Performs personal training assessments, develops progressive program designs, instructs and implements members overall wellness plan across demographic lines (postural, flexibility, musculoskeletal strength and conditioning, cardiovascular conditioning, and nutrition); educates and motivates member to attain wellness goal; monitors and records members? goals and wellness program and makes adjustments as needed.
Infection Control: Initial and Ongoing training in dealing with infection control. Trainings could include but are not limited to, blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids and bio hazardous materials as it applies to your daily work environment.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in exercise science or related health field and a national certification National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) through a credential health/fitness association or Athletic Training Certification (ATC) preferred or pursuing a degree in HHP/ES.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)- within the first two weeks of employment.
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) - within the first two weeks of employment.
- Basic First Aid certification - within the first six months after hire.
- Experience in fitness testing and personal program design Certification by National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or Athletic Training Certification (ATC) preferred; certificate of completion or specialty certificates from a reputable organization for each specialized group modality taught (specialized modality certification will be tracked by CHI) or within 6 months of position start date.
HIPAA: This position will have access to the following Protected Health Information in order to carry out the duties related to their position at HaysMed based on the following criteria: Primary required (routine) to do the job Secondary - required for the job, but mostly be exception; and None - no approved accessDescription of Information Level Patient Demographic Information (information used to identify a person): Name, Date of Birth, Address, Race, Marital Status, Religion Financial Information/Insurance (information related to insurance, billing and payment): Billing Information, Payer Name, Payer ID, Account Balances, Plan Elements Covered, Payment Information, Payment Rates Clinical Information (information that describes a patient's health status): Diagnosis, Reports/Medical Notes, Test Results, Problem List, Procedures, History and Physical Coding Information (clinical information that is in (alpha) numeric format): ICD-9 Codes, Rev Codes, CPT Codes Infection Control:Initial and Ongoing training in dealing with infection control. Trainings could include but are not limited to, blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids and bio hazardous materials as it applies to your daily work environment.