Newly hired RN staff eligible for a $7500 Sign On Bonus!
Benefits available include sick and vacation time, Health/Dental/Prescription coverage through BCBS, Vision through Vision Care Direct, Aflac Policies, FSA/HSA, company paid life insurance, and retirement through KPERS
DSNWK is also a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. For more information on the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program available to employees visit: https://studentaid.gov/pslf/
Promote and provide professional medical assistance, as needed, for health care, collaborating with physicians, and multidisciplinary team members. Coordinate and supervise within assigned area(s) the medical and health care services provided to individuals served in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and agency policies.The treatment of individuals served with dignity and respect is a prime responsibility.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Clinical Skills, Nursing Skills, Verbal communication, Listening to understand, Infection Control, Physiological Knowledge, Administering Medication, Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Health Promotion and Maintenance
- Accompany individuals served to hospital to assist with admission/discharge, when appropria
- May be required to assist with health care of individuals served in locations.
- Implement crisis intervention strategies including physical restraint, lifting and transferring of individuals served according to agency policy as necessary. Attend Mandt Training.
- May be required to coordinate and attend medical appointments and facilitate protocol between staff and the medical professional(s)
- Ability to use computer and various programs for documentation.
- Hearing and visual capabilities must allow individual to perform comprehensive assessments.
- Desire to work with adults with developmental disabilities.
- Able to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Valid drivers license.
- First Aid / CPR Certification
Education - Licensed in the State of Kansas as a Registered Nurse.
Experience - One year of professional nursing experience required. Prior personal or job
related exposure to people with developmental disabilities is preferred.
Extent of physical effort required - Routine job requirements. Little if any behavior or other physical intervention.